Tuesday, May 5, 2009

summer time and the living is easy

Sometimes we need to remember how important it is to sweat.
a long exhustive sweat that rids our body of funk.
It is with this vision that I am ready to embrace the hot Florida summers that are on their way.
The combination of salty sweat, coarse sand under foot and a soak in salty seas somehow replenishes the colds of winter
The bronzed skin of summer
the extra kick of vitamin D
the blue skies and warm breezes
I will no doubt retreat into the modern day gift air conditioning
but when I am among the elements I will remember to delight in them
Like a hot shower in the winter
I will enjoy a cool one in the summer
fresh cold melon
late sunsets
after dinner trips to the beach for a "summertime" bath
This I will embrace.

1 comment:

  1. I love this point of view - I always dread the heat & sweat. But if I can change my perspective and think of it as a cleansing, a 3-month long sweat lodge, maybe it won't be so bad. Ask me again in August!

    ReplyDelete