Friday, May 1, 2009

All Grown Up

Well
Now

Here I sit

in a clean house

all springed out.

I just got my permission slip from myself to be me.

now I've been doing a pretty good job,

but sweeping out those old cobwebs and dust gives one a chance to throw out old ideas that no longer suit us or serve us well.

So, there.....they are out to the trash.

and yes, I CAN decorate my furniture with puffy paint if I want to!

Maybe that is why I've been staying up late....because I can.

because I'm the grown up and I make the rules. It really fun once you get into it.

FREEDOM

I'm glad I remembered to appreciate that.

All of those years spent wishing I could do what ever I wanted.

Waiting to grow up.

I have.

and sometime, I may just eat doughnuts for dinner,

if only because I can.

2 comments:

  1. aaah...I just made a cappuccino and am now drinking it in a secret fort with my kids who are wearing very silly things on their heads. it is so fun, when we stop to breathe it in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great inspiration! It is so easy to forget we make the rules.

    ReplyDelete