Wednesday, May 27, 2009

hodge podge of a post

I happily return to my post.

Quiet house

Clean Laundry

Clean Kitchen

Fridge ready to receive fresh food

Library Bag ready to receive new bedtime stories

Simple things bring such satisfaction.

I discovered our first cucumber in the garden today. It must be thanking me for building a trellis for it's vines to climb. They grow and twist up over the fence and blossom beautiful yellow flowers. I think I have figured out that in order for a blossom to produce fruit it must be pollenated by a bee.

The other day my boy said to me, "Mom, I never recognized how important bees were until I watched the Bee Movie."

"Me either." I said

Really, we need them for food not just to sweeten my morning coffee.

Thanks Bees, for pollenating our garden

Funny, most people see bees and are filled with fear....they may get stung

Now, when I see one I am filled with gratitude.

Fear versus Love

It really is that simple

We're getting there folks

one bee at a time

I wonder if those folks in California will regcognize that my love is nothing to be frightened of.

I'm not very political but I do get riled up once in a while.

I feel patient about that whole situation. It takes time for things to change

It takes time for cucumbers to grow.

When you just walk into the store and buy one it seems so easy to take that long growth process for granted.

When I do get the right to marry the love of my life, for real

I will have watched it grow

Felt the struggle for that previlidge

I will never take it for granted

I know that I am ok

and I am strong

and less and less people have a fear of me and my love and my family, hurting their children of all things

I'm not angry about it

I'm passionate and willing to watch the process

to appreciate the change

I'm simply living honestly and by doing that helping to lessen the fear

helping to spread the love
.

The world keeps getting better

One Supreme Court Justice, one bee and one gay marriage at a time.

This is such an interesting post....households, gardens, bees, marriage equality, politics

It's all the same really

just shows up in different forms

Choose love over fear

It makes for a much happier day

1 comment: