Thursday, April 16, 2009

a wild ride it is

What happens when you let it sink in?
Even if only in small particles.
It happens more and more frequently.


those moments of pure bliss.

I have found them by learning to make choices that make me happy.

This business of sacrificing for others is a mistaken notion.
If we take care of ourselves really well then our joy spreads to others.

Maybe it is only this time in my life that I can sit here and be here and say that.

I may not have been able to function this way at other times and maybe not in the future.

But for right now this is so good.

I have created a tiny utopia.
In this small old house
we have made our own paradise.
and when I stop be in total appreciation of exactly where I am...not where I want to be or where I have been, but right now , this moment, this day ...suddenly, it gets better!

It's almost like a game. Or a formula.
What a wild wild ride.

I have no idea how this is reading
but for me it is etching out a promise that I must have made a long time ago.

I am here,, truly and soooo very happy and I feel like I have a set of tools that keeps growing. I suppose that's how it goes.

and for those of you Mamas who have little ones pulling on you still all the time.

I had a moment yesterday while walking to pick up my car in the repair shop. I stopped at Whole Foods to pee and had a flash of trying to take a newborn with a blow out poop and spit up and needing to nurse and a toddler who had to poop into the bathroom there with a stroller and the whole crazy scenario came back to me. Whew...I thought, that was a wild time. But here I am peeing when I need to, by myself with enough time and enough money to buy a brownie for myself on the way out.

It's much easier to find this space of total peace when you can pee by yourself whenever you want....your day will come ladies...hang in there



No comments:

Post a Comment