Monday, April 6, 2009

let it slide

Today I saw something that made me angry.
As the anger started to rise I slowed it down and said...
self you can get all heated up and angry and feeling bad...or observe the action, disagree with it and let it slide.
It was an e-mail with some hatefulness in it.

After letting it go I realized that I had the power to let negativity feed new negativity or I could squash it, difuse it. Replace it with the peace of not getting hooked.

This lesson has taken a long time
I will be practicing it for a while more I'm sure

but I'm happy that I had the awareness because in years gone by I'd let it eat up a good part of my day.

no more...now I have learned to let it slide ...on away from me

1 comment:

  1. Great job not attaching yourself to the emotion - just observe it and watch it fade away. Beautiful, mama! You are on the path...

    ReplyDelete