Wednesday, April 1, 2009

birth day

Thank you Mom for giving me life.
For holding me close under your heart.
Thank you for all of the pumping of milk
then nursing and holding me close

Thank you for the love that helped me grow strong.
Thank you for each moment of caring
of worry, concern, heartache
and love
Thank you for being my Mom.
That bond of sharing a body
that magic gift of providing life.
I think of you today on the day of my birth.
Thank you for saddling me up on your hip with another babe in arms and two older ones running around.
Thank you for holding it all together
for keeping me safe, warm and fed.
Thank you for each carefully thought out birthday party and gift.
For the thank you notes sent on my behalf
the beds made for me, sheets washed for me
food cooked for me.
Thank you for doing an excellent job.
I appreciate it everyday
and today especially, give thanks
for you
the soft hands and gentle voice that sang me to sleep.
I love you as much as a 56 million oceans
Thank you for being my Mom

2 comments:

  1. AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW......... Tears. Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know this made me cry!!!! So great. i got to read it when my mom was here.

    ReplyDelete