Thursday, February 26, 2009

bridge walk

awake
from slumber
quiet
shaking of the washing machine
spin cycle
coffee
still warm
the new morning ritual
post hectic
post scramble
post sweet kisses good-bye
here I sit
constructing the day
what will
I miss?
Not my new luxury
a walk
in perfect weather
over the bridge and back
I'll have time if I get going soon.
one foot in front of the other
rhythm and balance
a practice of physically moving forward
getting perspective
and allowing the divinity of nature to speak
as I am reminded by the words of other wise women
I walk on
eyes open
accepting the sun
the wind
whoever I encounter on my path
whatever situation arises on the walk
a little different each day
but the same practice.
mind, body soul
I'm goin' over the bridge ladies
see you when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment