Monday, May 16, 2011

Thanksgiving in May

Today, I am thankful for so much.

A fresh new space to type,

the smell of coffee at 3:47 in the afternoon.

the promise of a fun-filled summer with amazing children

the gifts that keep rolling in with the adventure of each day.

I am thankful for my health and life and understanding.

I am thankful for the work and the wisdom and the most amazing gift of all in a partner who has shown up to do the work with me openly and honestly and courageously.

Today, I give thanks.....and head off to pick up my sweet kids, fresh coffee in hand, prepared for the chaotic love that will soon come bustling through these doors. I remain aware of my intention to parent mindfully, even if it is more work.....even if I lose it by 6:30, I will dust off my Mommy apron and try to re-phrase in a kind and productive manner......ha ha...so much fun!

1 comment: