Monday, September 21, 2009

Monday Perspective

Sometimes you just need to get some perspective.

Sit in your house in some quiet.

Clean the tub grout.

Fold some clothes.

Do some dishes.

Realize that there does come a point when your children need fresh pajamas, like, by fresh I mean new, fitting, seasonally appropriate pajamas.

and that their Mom's could use some fresh underware. By fresh I mean new, fitting, seasonally appropriate underware.

So, it is with great delight that I will feed that primal need within me to go to Target. With no children in tow..free to browse the bargin discount racks to score some crazy cheap thing I love. This must be the same feeling a hunter has when he has scored a huge animal that will feed his family and tribe for a week.

The need to provide an orderly home with things that make life flow well. Sometimes...new PJ's and underware are needed if only to sooth the Mama Bears instincts to take care of her family by providing a fresh score of berries that were hidden under some bush somewhere. As I write this I can not forget about a post by friend Rose who had this experience with Yarn last week over there at laughing monkey.

Let us not feel bad for the occasional need to bring things in.....it is about as real as the cycle of the moon....it is in our blood isn't it. That desire to hunt for treasure? Off I go.......

No comments:

Post a Comment