Thursday, August 6, 2009

The magic of a day at the beach

Although I almost talked myself out of it late last night...
I am so glad that today I am keeping the kids home from school/camp to go to..

"thursdays at shell beach"

I will only be able to do this two more times before real school begins.

Really, I wouldn't miss it for the world.

This is the beach where I brought my then two year old boy and four month old daughter to get out and play. That is where he learned to use the potty and she learned to take naps by the seaside.

I know that we will always frequent this awesome place, but today I will celebrate it with a big huge awareness of it's gift.

This is our kids beach...with secret tree swings and treasures to find, a foam "trampolene" and rope to push back and forth when the big waves come.

Memories of growing up and growing close.

I love this special spot

happy beach day

and to those of you living in cooler climates today, I'll make a coffee toast to you and hold a spot in the sunshine for ya!


1 comment:

  1. :) We had sumshine today, off to the pool for us. Calm day at home. But what is it that has me checking prices for tickets home right now :)? Wishing everyone could see how cute this baby is getting is all.

    ReplyDelete