Saturday, March 27, 2010

Saturday Morning Dive

Well I suppose I am ready to return here
To this place of freedom and creativity

I sit with hot coffee, a day ahead of me

A swirly evening behind

Returning here reminds me how fast time goes

How much I have to learn

How appreciative I am of the journey.

I am realizing that all things tend to get faster with time.

Intensity greater

Payoff bigger

and understanding of one's own power gleaming

I will not enter into this lightly...dipping my toe in and remembering that I may feel very cold
but it will not take me down.

May make me take a deep breath and shutter, may bring goosebumbs to my skin

But is all protected and functional

that old saying comes to mind....."God never gives you more than you can handle"

And so I step to the edge

of that great, tall diving board

knowing that others have jumped before me

knowing that I can swim

knowing that there is a organized concoction of feelings that go along with the jump

bravery, questioning, bravery, fear (not for long), strength, determination, adrenaline, freedom, impact, relief, wonder and then the desire to do all over again.

I vow to move forward and take the leap. There will be no turning around to climb back down the ladder.

But dear universe....I ask to catch my breath in between

4 comments:

  1. And play and float a bit, taking time to enjoy the quiet view of the sky... ears under and eyes open... feeling the support of something not invisible, but clear, and very tangible, as it surrounds you and keeps you afloat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks..I'll remember to do a birthday float at shell beach for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. get more inspiration here:

    http://dogtime-class-of-2008.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete