Monday, October 26, 2009

Magical Day

Today, I awoke knowing that it was my son's sixth birthday.

Full of mixed emotions, I helped get him ready for school and safely delivered him to kindergarten.

I had many moments of ..."six years ago, right now I was starting labor, six years ago right now, we called our midwife" and so on."

We ate scrambled eggs for breakfast as I did that morning. My wife made them for us as she did that morning and we only remembered as we sat at the "new" magical nook to eat them with our two, beautiful children that this had been my pre-birth breakfast.

A good friend said to me this morning, "congratulations, you've been a Mom for six years."

I hadn't thought about that part yet. What a blessed day. Look at how far we've come.

I am full of pride today and I vow to sit back and watch all of the magical moments that settle in upon us.

It is today especially that I realize what a big deal how you give birth is. The memory of that day hasn't faded at all for me. It was the most amazing day of my life and today I celebrate it for many, many reasons.

1 comment: