Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Healing Soup

Oh I could do my annual blog about soup. A poetic ode to one of my true loves, but today I decided to step it up a notch and record this magical ritual!

Healing Soup I love you so!



It begins with an open heart and an empty pot...so full of potential




then good ingredients




good music

I became so inspired by the music and the sounds...I made a little soup video




Oh the Glory



The toppings


the blogtastic photo!

Soup Season...bring it

this soup consists of the following:

Organic chicken soup base
fresh garlic minced (lots)
freshly grated ginger
bok choy
carrots
shitake mushrooms
roast chicken sliced
sometimes chinese wheat sometimes thai rice but any good noodle will do!

serve hot with lime wedges, sliced jalepanos, bean spouts and basil on the side
&
Lots of Love
enjoy!

(I don't measure...just feel it out)











3 comments:

  1. add some rice noodles and you have PHO! our fav!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A cooking show, yay!!

    Oh, shitakes, I forget to use those.

    We are ahead of you on soup season over here, so we are in full swing with this one. Pho real needs 2 T coriander seeds, 5 star anise, and 5 cloves, fish sauce, and a little unprocessed sugar. I boil an onion in there, too, chopped in half and take it out when we are ready to eat. Do not forget some good sweet chili sauce on the side.

    Then make Nuoc Cham dipping sauce for your chicken, and your happy dance will be all the merrier.

    I make this
    http://sundaynitedinner.com/vietnamese-dipping-sauce-nuoc-cham/

    Our comfort chicken soup is Avgolemono, tons of recipes online but we do a full pot of chicken broth with risotto style soft rice, lemon juice to taste to tangy, oregano, and at the end before serving stir in up to 8 whipped egg yolks, and torn chicken. Will knock your warm cozy socks right on. Yum with greek salad.

    Can have you over for dinner, so I wil ltell you what is cookin' ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the soup love!!!! Have to try it all!!!

    ReplyDelete